DATE & TIME:
February 18, 2023, Noon
Bentley Middle School, 1180 N. Belsay Road, Burton, MI 48509
5K Run and 5K Walk
- November 24-December 31, 2022 – $18 without T-shirt
- January 1-31, 2023 – $23 without T-shirt
- February 1-16, 2023 – $28 without T-shirt
- February 17-18, 2023 – $30 without T-shirt
Sorry, entry fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Early packet pickup and late registration will be held on February 17, 2023 from 12 Noon until 3:00 p.m. at Complete Runner in Flint, Michigan.
- Race day packet pickup and race day registration will open at 10:30 a.m. at Bentley Middle School.
5K RUN & 5K WALK AWARDS:
- First overall male and female
- First male and female over 40 years old
- First three males & females in age groups 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
If you are unable to pickup your award after the event, they will be available at Complete Runner in Flint, Michigan between February 23, 2023 -March 23, 2023.
- Each finisher will receive a custom Hot Fudge Run medal.
- Hot Fudge
- Fresh Fruit
- Pretzels and Marshmallows
The 2023 T-shirt was designed by the Burton Kiwanis Race Committee to highlight the freeway crosswalk, which we lightheartedly refer to as the “Highest Point in Burton”.
Long Sleeve T-Shirts are for sale for $22.00 in unisex sizes Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and 2X-Large ($24.00). Shirts are prepaid only through February 5, 2023 and will not be available for purchase at packet pick up or race day. To select the correct size shirt, please refer to the sizing guide on the One Stop website.
TIMING & RESULTS:
Timing and results will be provided by Newton Timing & Race Services. We will be using ChronoTrack Systems, featuring the disposable bib-tag and ChronoTrack Live Results. Race day results will be posted immediately for viewing on mobile devices at www.newtontiming.com.
We will have a “chip start”, which will provide actual starting times for each participant. This allows us to calculate net time, which is your calculated time from the start to the finish.
All results are available on Athlinks – Claim your results!
The course is 5 kilometers/3.1 miles, beginning and ending at Bentley Middle School. The course will be open to vehicle traffic. Participants will cross the I-69 pedestrian crosswalk twice. An interactive course map is available here.
This is a winter race, so please be prepared for the possibility of snow and icy conditions on the course. Please be advised, the expressway pedestrian crosswalk will not be cleaned if snow falls prior to the event. We cannot take a chance on snow or ice falling on vehicles while clearing a path.
All registration, award, and post race festivities will be in the Bentley Middle School.
For information or questions about the event, please contact Debbie Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-869-3255. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Steve Welch at 810-348-7738.